Handyprobe HP3 PC based 100 MS/s differential USB oscilloscope.
The TiePie engineering Handyprobe HP3 is the world's first PC based 100 MS/s differential USB
The Handyprobe HP3 is equipped with a differential input with a maximum input range of 800
Volt DC (566 Volt RMS).
Because of the differential input, it is not possible to create a short circuit to ground through the
The high input range makes it possible to use the Handyprobe HP3 without
additional attenuators. See the classroom section for information about differential
The advanced driver technology makes it possible to measure a continuous stream of data from the
Handyprobe HP3 to the computer, at a maximum rate of 10 MSamples/s.
The maximum measuring time is only limited by the available space on the hard drive.
The high sampling rate makes it possible to capture short events with high accuracy.
It is also possible to monitor e.g. the line power for a very long time and afterwards view and analyze each
cycle of the signal thoroughly.
The input of the Handyprobe HP3 is differential, which means that both
sides of the input have a high impedance. There is no connection to ground
as in conventional oscilloscopes which are used with coax cables and standard
The special low noise Measure
lead TP-C812A is developed for the Handyprobe HP3. It is very
insensitive to external interfering signals. The two ends can be placed up
to two meters apart, while picking up very little interference. With a conventional
oscilloscope with standard probes this is not possible. The maximum distance
between the positive side and ground of a standard probe is usually limited
to approximately 20 cm. The Measure lead TP-C812A for the Handyprobe HP3 does
not have this limitation. Measuring between two distant points is now no
problem anymore. The Measure lead TP-C812A uses a heat resistant silicone
isolation and shrouded banana plugs.
The Handyprobe HP3 is designed to fit nicely in your hand.
Its housing is fitted with soft rubber areas that ensure a good grip on it.
A wrist strap can be attached, to carry the Handyprobe HP3 or to hang it near the test setup.
- Fast and compact measuring instrument with a wide input range from 200 mV full scale to 800 V full
scale without the need for additional probes or attenuators.
- High bandwidth of 50 MHz to be able to analyze fast signals accurately.
- No short circuit to ground possible, due to the differential input.
This means extra protection for your PC.
- The two measuring points can be far apart, making it easy to measure in large installations.
- Fast streaming, up to 10 million samples per second continuously for fast and long measurements.
- Amplitude accuracy of 0.3% full scale. Most oscilloscopes have an accuracy of 2 - 3 %.
- No external power supply required. Power is gotten from a USB port.
- Very versatile Multi Channel software with an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer,
Y-t recorder and voltmeter with many signal analysis functions.
- Exporting of measured data to various common data formats, making it possible to create your own
- The Handyprobe HP3 comes in a solid case, including test pins and crocodile clamps.